About Me

My photo
Married to the sweetest man on the planet! Two cats: Miss Sally and the Saminator. Anglican, Canadian with a quirky sense of humor, love The Mouse!, thyroid cancer survivor, food addict, introvert...

Monday, November 22, 2010

I am here to write one of my last entries. I have decided to follow the concept of Intuitive Eating. My husband and I have decided this is pretty much the last book on eating/dieting that we are going to read. We are still struggling to embrace the concept but in the long run it will be the best for us. The concept embraces hunger and fullness. Eating to satisfy. Eating 90% nutritious food and 10% play food. Diet is not in our vocabulary. Regular exercise for the enjoyment of moving our bodies but not to lose weight. The end result is not being ruled by food and getting slowly to the right weight. Life is going well. I am embracing life much more and not struggling so much. I have put on the shelf the Twinless Twin work until it is the right time. The book is at my bedside...not to be forgotten. I have so enjoyed blogging for the richness it has brought to my life for a season. I continue to pray for all of you bloggers daily. I am not closing the door but maybe just leaving it open just a crack.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you will no longer be blogging? I hope not!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thoughts. I followed a similar idea to the intuitive approach, and have steadily shed extra fat and increased fitness for almost 4 years now as also detailed on my blogspot.

    ReplyDelete